sick fish

gdog

Market
Reaction score
my fish are getting ich and wanted to know the best treatment for this

ok thx ya i did add two clowns the other day and just fed them with metronidazole

gdog;284520 wrote: ok thx ya i did add two clowns the other day and just fed them with metronidazole
Just be careful.... Metro will kill anerobic(sp) bacteria.. It is also used to treat Geardia(wow.. Super misspelling) in humans.. If you are going to use it.. Make sure to add Focus to it...

Although I treat like my good friend Barbara above...Overfeed and water changes

ok cool would it be smart to turn my light off for a little bit to let them rest

here:

showthread.php

I have had one bout of marine ich and that was enough. I fed heavily, added and still add to this day garlic xtreme to all foods (let it soak in it), do a couple of water changes and graduly raise the temperature of your tank to like 82/83 degrees. Turn your lights off as well without killing your corals. I also treated the fish with metrodizinole and focus. I added a reef safe medication which killed the free swimming stage of ich and all went very well...just a tad stressful on me.

When doing your water changes, try to syphon from the bottom...ich has a tendency to hang around on the sand bed. It survives up to like 28 days without a host so keep an eye on your fish even when all appears ok. I believe it's important to understand all stages of ich when treating so you know exactly what you are dealing with.

Good luck.

I had ick appear the last time I added a tang. Several of the fish got it. Needless to say the tand didnt survive. He was fine in the QT tank but got it after being in the reef tank for 2 days. I increased feedings (I always soak their food in garlic), added selcon vitiams and limited the stress. Everyone pulled through except the tang.
I ordered No Ick Marine from Drs. Smith and Foster. I put it in the QT tank with a piece of kenya tree coral to see how it did. The coral survived just fine but I haven't tried it in the 55gal yet. Call me chicken. Has anyone else tried?

Back