Sick Foxface, any ideas?

stickx911

Market
Reaction score
I got a 2" or less foxface about a month ago. I had gotten him to eat flakes out of my hand and to be very social. He ate flakes once a day and frozen mysis once every other day and he was eating off the veggie clip every day. Yesterday he was playing dead on the rocks all day, and the same today. If I tap the glass where he is he'll move slowly and stay toward the bottom of the tank. He is young so did I not feed him enough? Tank parameters are in line and healthy. Any suggestions?

I plan to get him into QT tonight, but I do not have super high expectations, what might I have done wrong?

Thanks, I hope so too. Could the parasite come from the tank? or worse be passed on to the tankmates? My QT is only 3 gallons, so I'll wait to see what he looks like tomorrow as I'd think the small containment stress would just make it worse.

goner...sucks. He was at the top of the tank for some weird reason attached to the korilla, he'd been at the bottom all day...just odd. ah well.

Intestinal parasite or blockage perhaps? It's hard to say. You fed him well enough so that's not the issue.

I had the same issue with my Foxface, He was about the same size. I fed him flake and mysis and he was fine for about three months. The other day his behavior was much like yours, He would stay at the bottom of the tank against the glass and not move much. He went into the live rock and that was the last I saw of him. I have assumed the worst.... anyway your not alone I miss feeding him by hand.

Back