Sick Royal Gramma

hertz4319

Reaction score
Hi all,

About three weeks ago we purchased some fish from a local sponsor. One fish was a royal blue tang that developed ick. We quarantine all fish. We decided to do the hypo-salinity method. Eventually the blue tang succumbed, but all the others were eating heartily, including the Royal Gramma.

We were in our second week and the Royal Gramma developed a grey spot on its body. We put the fish in a hospital tank at hypo-salinity, We took a picture and went back to the store we got it from and were told it is a bacterial infection. We got Furan-2 for for the infection and treated according to the directions. We’ve also used Prime in the hospital tank.

We did one treatment on day 1 and one on day two. On day three we did a 25% water change and then another treatment and on day four we did another treatment. Today we did a 25% water change.

Upon examining the fish the spot is better but still about half there. Also the fish is not eating (we’ve been using LRS Reef Frenzy). So my questions are do we do another treatment now, wait and watch to see if he will start eating? Or?

You may want to PM JennM. She is knowledgeable with treatments of sick fish and I would trust her guidance with your current situation. Hopefully things turn around for you and your tankmate overcomes this sickness. I cannot suggest anything because I haven't dealt with a similar situation.

Wannabee

Was it eating LRS before it got sick?
I'll leave judgement for Jenn or ? But if it were mine I'd also try different foods.
I love LRS, just saying somthing different might temp it, who knows!

Last night I soaked some flakes in water, then poured them down around him. I actually SAW him eat some of them--not as much as I would like, but it was the first time I had seen him bite at anything in a while. I'll try it again tonight.

Jenn told us at this point he'll either make it or he won't.

Back