Signs Of Peril!!!!???

jade76

Market
Reaction score
:eek: does anyone out there know...is GSP a sensor coral?..as in will it kind of tip one off to peril conditions,,,I ask this because I have a very large piece of gsp that is ALWAYS open and in the past mmm....three days it has COMPLETELY closed...all day and night. what gives?:eek: :eek:

I mentioned this to someone else previously not too long ago, but my GSPs are the first indicator that something is up inmy tank. This is usually due to something going belly-up in my tank. I once had a nerf-football sized colony completly close up for two days. I fished around and located a dead snail in a crevice wedged in the back of the tank (they had made their way through every bit of algae that the tank had when I got it). Within MINUTES after removing the snail, the GSPs were out in all their fluorescent green glory.

In my experience they are excellent indicators. If the GSPs aren't out, the first thing I check is ammonia.

Mine also get cranky if salinity fluctuates much over a short period of time.

P

I've had GSP close up for weeks. I actually took some out and tossed it thinking it was dead. A few days later some started coming out and then a couple days later all were out again. Occasionally they close up for a day or two still.

Back