silicon

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
what kind do i get for my sump pics if possible and cani get it at home depot or lowes.................and what is your opinion on getting glass at home depot precutt for baffels

Get the kind <u>with out</u> mold inhibitor. I think GE I is fine.

I would get the aquarium sealer from petsmart or petco. This stuff is safe for aquariums. I did not purchase the stuff from home depot as I was not 100% sure it was safe.

You may be able to get the glass cut at home depot? But I would go in on a slow day about and hour after lunch and look for the happiest HD employee you can find. Have exact measurements and offer to hold the glass as he cuts. You could also DIY.

thanks guys and yeah sam i think your right on that one you know how much it goes for and how much i should get its going to be 4 baffels

Don't recall the price...maybe $5 for like a 3 oz tube? I got 2 3oz tubes and used almost all of it on my 30g sump with 4 baffles.

If you need a large quatity of silicone, Marine Fish sells All-Glass brand silicone in the calking gun size tube...

There are 2 types of GE1 make sure if you use this that you do NOT use the one for kitchen and bath as they have the mold inhibitor. I searched a lot of threads to figure out which one to use.

leveldrummer;76796 wrote: GE1 is perfectly safe to use, get the indoor/outdoor one (not kitchens and baths) it is 100% pure, ive used it, so has many others. and its much cheaper than that stuff from the pet stores.

Used it on my sump, it works great! Just make sure you have good ventilation.
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"></span></span>

i also used GE1 w/o the mold inhibitor with no problems 2 years later. one thing to note is when you do your baffles start by doing the center one, then the ones around it. also its nice to have a stick or dowl rod to help get the silicone evenly into those tight places .

flaco626nj;76667 wrote: what kind do i get for my sump pics if possible and cani get it at home depot or lowes.................and what is your opinion on getting glass at home depot precutt for baffels

I do not think HD cuts glass anymore.. Lowe's does, or get better customer service from your neighborhood ACE, or local hardware store.

We had glass cut @ Lowes (Dallas Highway / Marietta) the other day. It was quite... *entertaining*

:D

Back