Simple Plumbing Help Please

kgator

Reaction score
Let's start off with the fact that I have no plumbing experience except with a plunger.

I bought a 32 gal Brute trash can to collect and mix my RODI saltwater. My first mix was successful except for getting the water out of the can. What I would like to do if possible is put a (bulkhead?)faucet at the bottom to drain the water out.

Is it possible to do this with the kind of trash can that have? If so, what do I need to get to make it happen?
Thanks for any help that can be given.

Sure is. Just cut the hole for the bulkhead and add the necessary plumbing to add the valve.

I've heard of people using uniseals on brute's. For now i am just using my MJ1200 to pump water out.
a>

Here's a pic of what I have for my WC setup. You can see where I was able to use bulkheads in several spots on my Brutes.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
749143=35923-Water Change-after.jpg
>
749143=35923-Water Change-after.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Water Change-after.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

90galguy;749143 wrote: Here's a pic of what I have for my WC setup. You can see where I was able to use bulkheads in several spots on my Brutes.

Wow, looks great! Now that I know it can be done, what do I do? Go to Home Depot/Lowe's and ask them for what I need to do a faucet? Can you give me some idea of what parts I may need so I will know if they are blowing smoke?

Get your bulkhead first. You won't find them at Home Depot or Lowe's. You'll need to get them online or at your LFS. Then take your bulkhead to HD and tell them what you want to do. I'd get a piece of PVC to fit inside the threaded part of the bulkhead and then get a ball valve sized the same. You might want to get an elbow so that you can turn it down to easily fill a bucket. Make sure you set your Brute high enough off the ground so that you can fit a bucket under the drain.

Back