Single Aiptasia on New Green Star Polyp

steve358

Reaction score
Ok I purchased a nano sized section of Green Star Polyp, but this evening I observed a single Aptasia hitchhiked and has emerged. Any suggestions to grab this hitchhiker on my nice frag of Green Star.?? As Always Great club, Forums Thanks for the advice.

Also anyone in the Gainesville, Buford or Flowery Branch Area that would like to sell, trade or donate small frags for my Nano. Please Pm Me... I work in the area and would like to reduce my $25.00 Frag Habit :)

Get rid of it! I use Lemon Juice and inject it into them with a medical syringe. They turn black and die instantly! Works everytime!

Thanks . OK Now here is question two, do you inject it in the tank while it’s out or do you pull it out and inject it, if you pull it out for a moment will that damage these star polyps? Is there a chance of hurting anything else with a small shot of the lemon juice being a nano, its only 12 gallons? Just want to do it correctly, rather ask first.

Steve

inject it in the tank. You dont need a needle to inject just use a plastic syringe , like the ones for kids. Squirt it near the mouth of the aptasia and he will eat it and die

I don't think I'd use lemon juice near another coral. I just recently killed a zoa frag killing the aptasia with lemon juice. I've been told Joe's Juice is better. Kills the aptasia without harming anything else.

I have used Lemon Juice many times next to my huge colony of Zoas and no problems, After you inject them just swich some water over the GSP's. Good to go!

yeah lemon juice will work fine and wont affect the other corals from my experience it is a minimal amount really. I prefer joes juice over lemon juice works really well.

Back