six-line wrasse

paul692

Market
Reaction score
i have a 6-line in my 75gal,FOWLR i know i cant put another 6-line in there with it. can i put a fairy wrasse or a mystery wrasse in there with it or some other similar wrasse with it? i called my LFS many of them and get a variety of different answers.what do you think thanks

You can but will it be safe.. who knows! The question is do you want to take the chance. It coukd be fine or on the other hand you could have world war 3 on your hands lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

A good test is to place a mirror where your current 6 line can see it...you will have your answer.

dball711;947874 wrote: A good test is to place a mirror where your current 6 line can see it...you will have your answer.

Whoops, sorry I thought you asked if you could put another 6 line in with your current one and that just wouldn't work. I figured the mirror would show how aggressive it would be toward another 6 line...

How are six-lines in reef tank with other breeds of fish? Aggressive or passive? Do they munch on the coral?

Never had one touch coral. If its the last fish you put in you will be fine. And you may luck uo and be able to add him then other fish with out a problem

i keep a six line with two other wrasses a flasher and a fairy and i have had no problems.i say go for it.just keep a eye on them and be ready if there is a fight.

Gotta try it mark hope to get a mystery wrasse however your tank is 50gal.bigger than mine

tshives26;947888 wrote: How are six-lines in reef tank with other breeds of fish? Aggressive or passive? Do they munch on the coral?

They can be territorial. Even more so with age and light feedings. Each fish can be different though.

It's kind of like asking if you're dog is going to like playing fetch.....it's likely, but not guaranteed.

jtsreef;948246 wrote: Just remember its a pita to get them out if tgey fight

i have had great success with the flash light.i will turn all my tank lights off and the light in the room and take a tac light tlr-1s is what i use sneak back in the room after a hour fit the strobe setting.there like a deer in head lights i can easily grabem with the net its worked 3 times on the first try with tangs a red coris wrasse and a dottyback.

It would be a risk for sure. I put a green coris wrasse with mine and he went straight after him and the coris went in the sand. When he finally came out 2 days later then the six line was fine. I have put other fish in with no problems at all. Then one day tried a fire fish and he killed that thing before I had time to react. I would say if you do try it you will know as soon as you go to float the bag. If the six line goes after the bag then don't even try it. Take the other fish back.

Bgcoop8784;948261 wrote: heck, my tlr-1s even makes me like a deer caught in headlights, and then all i can see is pretty dots for half an hour. Never thought of using it to catch fish, going to have to try that next time.
i hear that.before i tried the trl-1 light i would have to take my tank apart to get a fish out now i just blast them with blinding light.made my life alot easier.

I know it's a different fish but I have a saddle back clown that was soo aggressive towards other saddlebacks. I went through 2 before I decided she will be better off without a mate. However I put in 2 oscellaris clowns and she didn't even care. They all three swim together. But a good thing to do would be get a small kritter keeper. Drill holes in both sides to allow flow. Place the new wrasse in it. Then place it into the dt. I left the oscellaris clowns in there for 6 hours to watch for aggressive behavior from the saddleback. She didn't even care so I released the oscellaris. It's a sure fire way to see if they will get along and not risk any actual fighting. Plus u won't have to catch it. Just pull the knitter keeper out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have a 6 line, yellow coris, and melanarus wrasse in a 110. they all get along fine. The 6 line originally went after my engineer goby (no idea why) and basically wouldn't let the goby out of a crack during daylight hours. the goby started eating at night but after about 6 weeks the 6 line decided he didn't care anymore and now the goby's out during the day.
Actually, the yellow coris started ganging up on the goby too once he saw the 6 line doing it. Was a weird deal.

i have a small sohal tang he nipped at the clown fish and the six line for 1 day after that they swim and rest in the same cave at night all 3 of them. go figure that one. if i keep them all well fed especially the tang they dont bother one another.the tang likes to nip at me when i change his seaweed in a vegi-clip

Back