Sixline jumped to it's death

jason sartain

Market
Reaction score
Well the title say's it all.One of my sixline's jumped out of my 240 gal display lastnight and I found him on the floor this morning.
This is a first for me,I figured they had plenty of room in that size tank and would'nt jump out.
RIP little guy!

That sucks man. I lost my Orange spot goby the same way. My sixline has done ok thus far.

Sorry for your loss. I have one for about 2 years in a tank with no top. When I switch tanks soon you can have this one. He chased my Mandarin so much I had to take her out. I could not catch the six line.

Joe

I was told by someone, can't remember where, but if you have alot of surface turbulence it is suppose to deter fish from jumping. I have my powerheads agitating the surface pretty good and my sixline rarely goes towards the surface, that I have seen. It mainly zips around about 4" below the surface.

I had the same experience -- my six line jumped WITH egg crate on top -- how he got out I still don't know.

I found he in time -- put him in the refugium -- he bounced back and now he's back in the display -- to jump another day!

Back