Skimmer advice?

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
Well the power went out last night and when it came back my recirculating octopus pump decided it would freeze up. It ended up melting itself due to the impeller jam and warped my skimmer as well from the heat. My wife smelled the burning plastic smell and alerted me to it. As such, I am now skimmerless... and in the market for a new skimmer as I don't feel like replacing the pump and trying to repair the skimmer although it is feasibly possible.

I need something that will fit in a kitty litter container... yes that is what I use in my sump. It's roughly 7x11 foot print and not be greater than 25". I could ditch the kitty litter box... and go larger though. Any suggestions would be very welcome as I'm not up to date on skimmer tech.

Thanks.

contact MRC about their new line of skimmers. They're small yet supposedly pack a punch.

Jin... I have a Tunze 9010 sitting and doing nothing.... You are welcome to either purchase it or just use it until you make a decision... shoot me a pm.... should work well for your size tank.

Thanks Barb. Yah the weather has been pretty crazy lately. This would be a good weekend for some white water rafting though :).

Jin, how much room, if you ditch the kitty litter container?

That Tunze would be a prime candidate for any tank that has limited sump space.

lol ya they are really pricey just thought id throw it out there though, the supermarin has a pretty small footprint.

Wow.... Yah the BK would be overkill/overpriced for my lil tank unless it cleans the tank like that device in Finding Nemo.

One of these would fit perfectly into the space you have:

MiniBK.jpg
alt="" />

Back