Skimmer cleaning

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I feel like I just changed a baby's diaper :sick: I haven't cleaned the neck in a few weeks and it was caked up with gunk. I think my next toy will be an auto neck cleaner.

HiImSean;970249 wrote: I feel like I just changed a baby's diaper :sick: I haven't cleaned the neck in a few weeks and it was caked up with gunk. I think my next toy will be an auto neck cleaner.

Haha looks like feces to me. cleaned mine as well. but i clean mine weekly

Where does all of the crap that scrapes out of the neck go to, does it just fall back into the body of the skimmer?

Yeah back in your skimmer. I think the idea is you have it clean a few times a day so not a lot of junk gets built up on the sides so the crud that gets cleaned gets broken down and collects in the skimmer cup.

HiImSean;970307 wrote: Yeah back in your skimmer. I think the idea is you have it clean a few times a day so not a lot of junk gets built up on the sides so the crud that gets cleaned gets broken down and collects in the skimmer cup.

I think that is the way it works as well. It really just decreases the intervals you clean the cup. You can get a buildup of crud on the silicone neck wiper blade as well.

If you are willing to clean the skimmer cup once weekly, you probably don't really need one. But having one will let you go longer between cleanings.

There's a video on YouTube of a dude drinking a glass of skimmate for I think $5 or something

Back