Skimmer for 29 biocube HQI

i no longer use my Hydor SlimSkim Nano, i never figured how to mod it to fit in the back of my 29biocube, my bioload was 2 clowns so it wasn't really tested in a high bioload tank...

Tunze 9002 is great , but it requires an intank collection cup made by in tank is designed specifically for the biocube
Its worth every penny without a doubt.
I played with 2 other nano skimmers prior to getting the tunze with little success

Tbub1221;979108 wrote: Tunze 9002 is great , but it requires an intank collection cup made by in tank is designed specifically for the biocube
Its worth every penny without a doubt.
I played with 2 other nano skimmers prior to getting the tunze with little success

+1, you cant go wrong with this skimmer.

I looked at Hydor SlimSkim Nano, but I think it would be difficult to fit in my 29 biocube. The issue is i have the HQI model and the lights are attached to the middle of the back and can't fit any skimmer in there.

The TUNZE DOC 9001 is a new one out now - does anyone have experience with this one?
http://www.marinedepot.com/Tunze_Comline_DOC_Protein_Skimmer_9001_-Tunze-TZ90011-FIPSNS-vi.html">http://www.marinedepot.com/Tunze_Comline_DOC_Protein_Skimmer_9001_-Tunze-TZ90011-FIPSNS-vi.html</a>

I may give it a try....

Just found out the 9002 has been discontinued and the replacement is the 9001.

Just bought the new Tunze Comline DOC Protein Skimmer 9001 that replaces the 9002 and the AquaticLife Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115.

If anyone is interested in how work once I get them I will let you know....

I have tried many skimmers. Best Nano I have come across is Cadlights PLS-50. It's a little finicky to get dialed in, but once it's going it creates very dark skimmate for a nano for sure. They just recently came out with the PLS-50 Elite, which has a bigger cup and is easier to dial in.

That made the top 3 in my decision. Hopefully they ones I ordered will work out. I was a little concerned on the Cadlight fitting under the hood of the biocube. If these don't make my satisfaction then the Cadlight it is. Thanks

Back