Skimmer Help

kirru

Market
Reaction score
Ok, well, a while back I asked if the BioCube 12/29 gallon skimmer would work in my 10 gallon nano. So, before I got one, I did research and found that people were not having success in there biocube much less the other who didnt have one.

So, soon, thanks to chrisjet, I now have a 30g tall aquarium drilled with a 1" bulkhead for sump filter. So before I start that I think I am going to need a skimmer. Any thoughts? I'm kinda strained on funds but would get the best quality one for not such a pretty penny. Could I get a list of the most effective skimmer but one that won't break the bank, catch my drift?

What do ya'll think about the Prizm HOB Protien Skimmer by Red Sea? Any good?

Thanks!

Also, any help body that could help me with my sump problem, please PM me. Thanks

i've used aquac remora on my small tanks. the remora is pretty good with a small bioload. until recently, i was using a tunze 9010 because i increased the bioload and number of feedings. with the tunze, ozone is an option. i've also used a euro-reef rs-80 on another of one my small systems. the euro-reef also pulls alot of gunk. both the tunze and euroreef skim very well. the foam is pretty amzing in both, but the euro-reef is more impressive because you can see it in the column, where as the tunze is hidden. my ranking for skimmers from good to best would be remora<tunze=euro-reef. if you have specific questions about these skimmers, drop me a pm

skimmer is pretty important as your tank develops. going for quality first will avoid unnecessary future equipment purchases.

Ok, remora, I saw a Red Prism Deluxe locally and cant find anything here on the forum about the quality.

are the HOB or in sump? I'm also trying to get my sump to hold as much as possible with out have to have a large sump cause of space constraints. Thanks.

I have an extra Acua C urchin laying around I might part with...You'll need a sump though.

I'm working on a sump but have no idea how i am goin to make it work. I dont even have a stand yet so I don't know my restrictions on hieght, depth, and length. Once that is done then I can build my sump accordingly, and I'd really like to put a fuge in it as well.

rostato, might take you up on that offer if I can get everything else goin and if its a good deal

IMHO, The Remora is MUCH better then the Red Sea.... MUCH!!! The red sea has not changed design in about 10 years!

O wow, thats a long time.

Well, thanks I got from chrisjet is about 24.25"x12.5"x21.25" so right now I am looking for a stand and once I get the stand the the tank on it, then I'll know exactly how big of a tank I'd be able to put in it then figure the sections off for the skimmer/intake>baffles>fuge>baffles>return(good layout?) as well.

Just let me know. I may end up using it on my 12G nano if I decide to build a sump for it...

Ok, will do. I should know with in the next week or two.

Back