Skimmer Help

kirru

Market
Reaction score
I'm settin up a 40 breeder with a possible 29g sump/fuge. My question is what skimmer should I use for a total water volume of about 50-70 gallons.

I don't want a break the bank skimmer but a good skimmer that will do its job and won't require much maintenance other than dumping the skimmate.

this is the current layout of the sump/fuge idea i have going. dimensions are on the image so it'd have to fit in side of it:
sumpfuge.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks

I'd get one rated for about 100 gallons--better to go a little overboard than under in this case-

I have a Coralife 125 Super Skimmer, and got it for $118 + s/h brand new. I'm happy with it on my 75 with a total water volume of around 90 gallons.

ok so whats a good skimmer for about a 100g? not to expensive

I agree something in the 100 to 125 gallon range will work well. Look into the MRC ocean force 1. They are not really cheap but worth the money. I have a coralife ss 125 also but find it to be a little tempermental.

yea, i was looking in to the ocean force and $300 i can't spend on it, well 289.90 with discount but that is still to much for me right now, especially being jobless so i have to stretch what I have right now.

Back