Skimmer Help??????

coblerx4

Market
Reaction score
I added Chemclean red slime remover to my 90gal tank yesterday and turned off the skimmer per the directions. I turned the skimmer back on tonite and even on the lowest setting I have taken out 2gals of water in the first 15 min. It is foaming white bubbles very fast. Is this normal? Do I just keep letting it come out until it slows. I have 10gal of salt water should I do a water change right now. The directions said to do a 20% water change after 48 hours. It has been 28 hours. Thanks Rick

I HAD THIS QUESTION IN THE WRONG FORUM SI I MOVED HERE.

coblerx4;72854 wrote: I added Chemclean red slime remover to my 90gal tank yesterday and turned off the skimmer per the directions. I turned the skimmer back on tonite and even on the lowest setting I have taken out 2gals of water in the first 15 min. It is foaming white bubbles very fast. Is this normal? Do I just keep letting it come out until it slows. I have 10gal of salt water should I do a water change right now. The directions said to do a 20% water change after 48 hours. It has been 28 hours. Thanks Rick

I HAD THIS QUESTION IN THE WRONG FORUM SI I MOVED HERE.

It is normal, do a few more water changes before turning the skimmer on.

Your problem is normal. The skimmer is pulling out the chemical plus the dead 'red slime' aka cyano bacteria. Give it a day or two and keep up the water changes (with RODI water). Flow and time will cure your issue.

Back