Skimmer opinion

sigshane

Market
Reaction score
Hello all. I am looking at a skimmer for what will be a 90 gallon FOWLR, particularly the Eshopps PSK-100. I will be setting it in the sump, rather than HOB.

I am aware that bio-load is a factor with all facets of aquarium design and equipage, but I do not plan to crowd the tank out, so I do not expect the skimmer to have to deal with tank over-population. With that being said, do y'all believe that this skimmer will be sufficient for my uses?

Thanks in advance,

Shane

I would just go up to the psk-150 if I were you, considering the fact that the psk-100 is for up 100
gallons.

I understand your recommendation. Main reason I was looking at the PSK-100 is that I found one on eBay for a really good price.

I will definitely look at the 150 though.

Thanks for your input!

Shane

You'll want a more capable skimmer than that. Don't fall for a "deal" only to have to buy larger/better very soon afterwards.

Skriz;993729 wrote: You'll want a more capable skimmer than that. Don't fall for a "deal" only to have to buy larger/better very soon afterwards.

+1

Great advice! I'm ashamed to admit it but, it took me 5 skimmers to realize that fact!

Suggestion appreciated, and accepted. This hobby is expensive enough, no need to compound that with ill-advised under</em>spending, yeah?

Back