skimmer question

nrao2k12

Market
Reaction score
any idea/inputs on this skimmer? :unsure:

Skimz SM253 Monster protein skimmer

a>

I've heard mixed things about Skimz skimmers. There are a lot of posts on RC about their pumps failing before a year even. I'd rather not deal with something like that.

HiImSean;1024730 wrote: I've heard mixed things about Skimz skimmers. There are a lot of posts on RC about their pumps failing before a year even. I'd rather not deal with something like that.

Yeah, but the vast majority of those posts are the same guy (Davidfrances). There really isn't a ton of feedback on them, but most who use them like them. My biggest concern would be the longevity of the pumps because they are DC, and they haven't been proven. They seem like pretty good skimmers to me, and you can't beat the price point on them. If BRS would ever get the one I wanted back in stock, I probably would've bought the SM143 for my 30 gallon instead of the Sealife ES5 I just bought. I still may buy one if I decide I don't like this one...

Edit: Forgot to mention all US customer service is handled by BRS which is one of the main reasons I was considering them over some of the other cheap options (bubble magus namely).

Back