Skimmer recommendation for small footprint (5.5x11)

kwajtrader

Market
Reaction score
Hi,

Happy New Year to everyone!

I have a 70g corner tank with limited access to the rear of the tank and a small sump in a cramped cabinet. The setup came with the marineland 100 skimmer and I'm now on my second one and would like to upgrade to something better. The sump section is 5.5" wide by 11.5" long and the water level is at 7". I've attached a few photos.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

U can also go with an external skimmer like aqua c ev 120. I have great success with it in my old 93 cube

See if you can find a tunze 9010, I'll have one available in 4 months. It has a 4.5" X 5 footprint.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll checkout the specs on what you suggested and what is available.

I have two small used ones if you wanna try something else with out burying a new one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Skimz makes a very nice product. I have been running one for about a year and is nice a stinky

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The high-end Nyos skimmers have small foot prints and are very good skimmers.

Also Eshopps brandnew Axium skimmers have very small foot prints. We will start stocking the full line of them very soon...

ES55121-3_zpsyhehgvtz.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Thanks again for all of the input. I'm leaning towards an AquaC EV-120. Any major issues with this skimmer for my application?

I think the aqua c ev 120 will fit your setup nicely. Only the pump sitting inside and the body stand outside the sump so don't need that much space at all. Also u can add a Venturi input to the pump and make it run much more efficient. Easy to setup and clean. Text me 404-421-4670 if u need more info on it

Back