skimmer replacement pump for sro3000int??

1mbrews8

Market
Reaction score
So my pump on my skimmer (sro3000int) is going out (maybe just bad pinwheel) so besides the obvious vinager soak to see if that works, what would be a good "new" pump.

Choices:

OG Bubble Blaster HY-3000S for $235
RO-DC 3500s for $275 (+ maybe $10 adapter)
Sicce PSK 2500 for $135

thoughts or experiences?

Bubble blaster if price isnt an issue IMO

The RO DC pumps have been since discontinued, I was told it was due to "inconsistent performance" by a RO rep

I am going to try a Sicce on my 150, but mainly due to cost unless I can find a BB used

hmmm.. I took it out and cleaned it (the og BB hy3000s) and it works fine, but when i put the "cover" over it, it won't start up. Can really get anything in there to manually turn the pinwheel to try to jiggle/turn it to start.

Does that sound like a pinwheel or ceramic shaft prob or pump?

and i thought it was only the diablo dc pumps that were discontinued? not the newer rodc?

1mbrews8;1010986 wrote: hmmm.. I took it out and cleaned it (the og BB hy3000s) and it works fine, but when i put the "cover" over it, it won't start up. Can really get anything in there to manually turn the pinwheel to try to jiggle/turn it to start.

Does that sound like a pinwheel or ceramic shaft prob or pump?

and i thought it was only the diablo dc pumps that were discontinued? not the newer rodc?

Your right, I was asking about the older DC pumps, tho from what Ive read there are only a few OEM sources for the DC pumps, likely its a jeabo pump re badged, for better or worse

My money is on the ceramic shaft. It's what happened on my bb2000. That was the advise cv gave me. I just bought a new pump so I could sleep at night

Sounds like the shaft or the little adapter at the end of the shaft where it goes into the cover. I bet it has to much play in it and allows the impeller magnet to touch the sides. That's what happened to my 2000. I bought a new impeller for $85 and BAM!....works like new. Far less than buying a new pump.

could be.. i soaked the whole pump in vinegar for 24 hours and still a no go with the clear "cover" over the pinwheel on.

I ordered a new RODC pump, pinwheel assembly for the cr140 cal reactor and 2 90 degree skimmer cup hole angle thingies :eek:)

At least this way, Ihave a warranty again. If I just got the impeller, it might not work, still no warranty, and I'd be out $100 lol!

I'll see if I can figure out exactly what is wrong with it and have the hy3000s for a backup for either skimmer :eek:)

Following. I'm Crossing my fingers that mine won't go out anytime soon. However, how long have you had it for? The pumps carry a 3 year warranty?

bought this one (the 3000int) new in mid/late 2011.

the extreme 200, i bought new late 2009 and still on orig pump :eek:)

Back