Skimmer Situation

kr561

Market
Reaction score
I have this protein skimmer,i want to see how well it works,it is pretty new,but when i plug it in,it just fills up with water and overflows!:boo:
what am i doing wrong??...theres this litte valve that i took out and it stopped the flow to the top cylinder...but when i put it back in it just fills up with water in the top cylinder again?

What kind of skimmer is it? It's normal for it to take a few days for a new skimmer to "break in" and start producing skimmate.

You will have to let us know which of the several hundred skimmers that exist that you have. Then maybe we can help you.

idk..says ODDYSSEA on it...thats all i see for any writing on the thing...but the top is just overflowing!

There may be some sort of valve to control the water level that may be set too high. I'd look for a a model number somewhere and take a look online for the manufacturers user guide.

have you used Aquaeon or some other dechlorinator such as stresscoat recently?

Give it a while to calm down if so. Is this a HOB model?

no...

the protein skimmer itself is not working properly,when i plug the thing in it just overflows,i have NEVER used one of these things before.

Is there any air going into the venturi?

A photo would be priceless.

If you have a riser tube lower it to the lowest point and raise it little by little until you get it dialed in..

the protein skimmer itself is not working properly,when i plug the thing in it just overflows,i have NEVER used one of these things before.

How can you say it's not working if you've never used it before? When asking for advice try to gather as much information and details as you can.

Back