Skimmer Suggestions for newbie

insomnia

Reaction score
I am new to this hobby and I have a skimmer question. I am looking to upgrade my skimmer and I am trying to decide b/w two different ones. I am looking at the Octopus NW-150 and the Octopus DNW-110. The Nw-150 is rated for more water,150 gal, but the DNW-110 is recirculating and rated for 125gal. The one I have now is a free one someone gave me and is ok but I am looking for one that will do a much better job. I have a 75gal and a 29gal sump/fuge, probably around 90 gal total water. I know both would do better than what I have but I would like to know which one you suggest. I am looking to spend around $200 or less so feel free to suggest a totally different skimmer if you think there is a better one for the money.

Thanks

It is going to be in the sump. I actually found them for the same price and I have an extra pump already so the cost isn't an issue. Just wanted to make sure I bought the best one.

BulkReefSupply has the NW-200 for $219.99. I have a feeling that's where our next powerbuy will be. That's what I recommend. I have an Octo NW150 on my 90G/30sump and I wish I had gone with the NW-200. My NW-150 is great but I feel that there's plenty of junk in my tank that's not being pulled. But my tank is just dirty. :)

Back