Skimmer will nwet skimming

chris619

Market
Reaction score
I have a Turboflotor 1000 and can not get it to stop wet skimming. It builds up foam above the cup that stays full of water. Any help appreciated.

Not sure how to....

Is this a setting to change or taking the skimmer higher out of the water?

Chris619;235639 wrote: Not sure how to....

Is this a setting to change or taking the skimmer higher out of the water?

Its a setting. There are 2 knobs on top of the out put pipes. They have a little arrow on them. Turn those to point out away from the skimmer. I have a turboflotor and it skimms as dry as my Octopus or dryer.

Running in sump....I pulled it up and seems dryer. Have to go to work. Will let you guys know. Thanks so much.

Did you get a 2nd longer neck with it? Is it broken in yet? Don't give up. They are good skimmers once you get them dialed in.

It has a pretty long neck on it. I have the pump about 7'' in the water. Had to prop. up the skimmer on a plastic box in the sump. I guess this fixed the problem. Is there a chance of a skimmer housing being to far up above the water?

Not sure on that brand of skimmer but mine had the same kind of issue when I got it. I built a stand out of egg crate to raise it up about 4" and now it works great. I run mine in about 7" of water and had to raise the outlet pipe some to get it where I wanted it to skim.

Back