Skimmer?

jon150g

Market
Reaction score
Anyone knows how this works and is it worth using?
0f01beb3f7ada91b26338560a2c015f5.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Seems to be an AquaC EV series model...
Long ago a was pretending to buy one of this brand models because a youtuber recommendation... Newyorkstylo... he was making a good review of them.

Im gonna guess not the best for a 150 mixed reef tank

That one specifically not sure either it's the brand I've mentioned or a knock off, and actually some of the will handle a lot of water passing through, some of those models even use external pumps and rates about 600 to 900 gph, choosing a skimmer it depends heavily in your full bioload and how you feed the tank in whole imo best commun rule will be double the rating of any skimmer, some other filtration would help the skimmer to export nutrients too. You might already know all of this.

As for the skimmer, I'm not sure :/ there are no markings anywhere? perhaps it is a DIY job

My cousin is in Lindel, he's got a 90 g breeder. I think I'm just going to upgrade it a in sump skimmer and be done. You dont happen to have one do you?

That's cool. We live in Edenfield... so I'm just on top of the mountain from lindale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't have one extra sorry. How big is the tank? I do have a skimmer body, but it's for a small tank and it needs a pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok I took the skimmer and got it working... Somehow. Do you think a 1200gph pump would be to much for this size skimmer.?

Back