Skimz pump

myvwrock

Supporting
Reaction score
Anyone know whose pumps they used? Specifically the es-2000 that is in the sk181. I am going to need a new impeller at some point. When i pulled mine apart to clean it, before setting up the new tank, I noticed two of the needles were broken. Anddddd I just learned skimz went out of business. I really hate to throw my 4 year old skimmer away just because of an impeller. Brs, aquacave and googling have not yielded results.

Im toying with the idea of getting an octopus classic or an ASM.

Any help would be great.
Chris c

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

They still have a website up out of Singapore that says those pumps were "jointly developed with Italian pump manufacturer". Sicce is Italian, as are Hydor and Askoll. Fluval pumps are Askoll I believe.
What about retrofitting somebody else's pump into it?

Poked around a little more and found this

I don't know if they made the original pumps, but Eden IS an "Italian pump manufacturer". Personally, I would see if I could fit somebody else's pump into it, but if it didn't just drop right in I'd start shopping. At some point the value of the time and effort required to keep that Skimz unit is going to exceed the cost of just buying a new skimmer.

Poked around a little more and found this

I don't know if they made the original pumps, but Eden IS an "Italian pump manufacturer". Personally, I would see if I could fit somebody else's pump into it, but if it didn't just drop right in I'd start shopping. At some point the value of the time and effort required to keep that Skimz unit is going to exceed the cost of just buying a new skimmer.
I found that as well. Heck even the guy at brs said that aquacave has the pump. Which shows me their customer service level, i can appreciate that. Spending 100 bucks on a pump doesnt seem cost effective to me. Not when octo and asm use pumps that have parts that are pretty readily available.

That you for the help. I was thinking they were sicca pumps.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Back