Small fish addition opinions

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on adding the following fish to my 250 gallon. I know think the royal grama and Midas Benny are the most aggressive and should be added last out of these.

Fish:
Royal grama
Firefish
Midas blenny
Diamond watchmen goby

Also, I am considering adding anthias in the future and maybe some wrasses. I think that the anthias would be less aggressive, and would add them before wrasses. I'm thinking of going with Bartlett anthias, has anyone had success housing different species of anthias in the same tank? For wrasses, I am thinking of flame pair, and a mystery.

All opinions/ recommendations welcome

Are midas blenny's normally aggressive? Mine is the biggest chicken haha

Love the selection here, I'd say go for it, although like you said I have heard royal grammas are bullies. At least they're small bullies.

Crew;1069689 wrote: Are midas blenny's normally aggressive? Mine is the biggest chicken haha

Love the selection here, I'd say go for it, although like you said I have heard royal grammas are bullies. At least they're small bullies.

Wasn't really sure if they're aggressive. Thanks for the feedback.

I think I will start by adding the firefish and watchmen, then the Midas, and last royal.

First I will need to remove the yellow coris in the tank:boo:

Will the anthias be ok with this group of fish?

Wrasse experts, how will flame and mystery do together? Any other recommendations?

Thanks

If you want inverts maybe pass on the mystery wrasse. Stick with flasher and fairy wrasses. You could do a pair of genicanthus sp angel fish. They get a little larger but are relatively peacefully and shouldn't touch corals. Also a fox fish is a good option. Mine is very mellow.

HiImSean;1069696 wrote: Also a fox fish is a good option. Mine is very mellow.
+1 on the foxface. My magnificent foxface is an ideal tenant.

I've heard that mystery wrasse may go after ornamental shrimp. Mine hasn't touched my scarlet cleaner. I dont know if that's because he's a cleaner shrimp (which most shrimp eaters won't touch because they want to be cleaned).

Your mileage may vary.

my midas blenny is a model citizen. comes out to eat, swims around occasionally but spends most of its time tucked away in its favorite hole with its head poking out.

Ok, thanks for all the input.

Considering a foxface, but I'm mainly looking forward to adding a bunch of tangs (naso, clown, blue, and yellow)

a foxface will go great with the tangs. They are mostly open water swimmers, so look for something to navigate your rock work and sand to add more "life" to the tank.

It's always nice to have a little something going on anywhere you look.

:eek: I didn't see any clowns on your list :sad: . IMHO; a reef tank isn't a reef tank without a :clown: clown or two :clown: :clown: among the crowd. Please consider a clown or two, I think you'll reef home will be more enjoyable with some extended laughs as you watch the clowns :clown: :clown: moving around the tank.

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1069757 wrote: :eek: I didn't see any clowns on your list :sad: . IMHO; a reef tank isn't a reef tank without a :clown: clown or two :clown: :clown: among the crowd. Please consider a clown or two, I think you'll reef home will be more enjoyable with some extended laughs as you watch the clowns :clown: :clown: moving around the tank.

Wannabee

Already have a pair in the tank :)

Back