small powerfull fans for canopy

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
hey guys im going to be putting together all the lights for my canopy this weekend and wanted to add fans to it i want some small but very powerfull fans i also would like if they are not loud price is not to big of and issue but im not going to spend 100s on fans if anyone knows of any let me know sam at aquabuys sells the icecaps whch are cool but i want something with alittle more kick thanks to all in advance.........for all those that dont know what lights im useing its 2 48 inch t5 and 2 250 watt mh hqi pendents and a galaxy dual ballast

Any info you guys would like to share on these fans would be appreciated. I'd like to find fans that can be mounted in my canopy and can move a good amount of air at the same time.

Michael

I recently ordered a few of these fans:

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.asp?SKU=592-0260&SEARCH=&MPN=OA109AP%2D11%2D1TB&DESC=OA109AP%2D11%2D1TB&R=592%2D0260&sid=46CE1F802245E17F">http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.asp?SKU=592-0260&SEARCH=&MPN=OA109AP%2D11%2D1TB&DESC=OA109AP%2D11%2D1TB&R=592%2D0260&sid=46CE1F802245E17F</a>

They run on AC (so no power supply is needed) and they pus a LOT of air.

has anyone out there maide there own with computerfans i seen that people use the coralife but they are 40 bucks marine fish to much if you ask me i am done with my canopy and need to add these by tuesday which is when im gonna add my school of chromis

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">I maid mine with computer fans powered by a 12v charger you can get in radio shack. I got the kind that has a small switch that you can control the flow (Slow, Medium and High). You can also get the matching fan guard to make it a nice clean look (and to prevent people sticking theirs hand in your fans). I got mine at Frys made by Antec.</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Check out my build thread, I have some pictures showing the fans and guard.</span></span>
showthread.php

I bought my fans at BestBuy @$10 ea. I used an existing power supply I already had. They move a lot of air and are super quiet.

jefft;72861 wrote: I bought my fans at BestBuy @$10 ea. I used an existing power supply I already had. They move a lot of air and are super quiet.
did you use one power supply for both or one each

Yes same one, the one I had was a power supply for the fans in a PC canopy that were noisier then he**. I called Customer Service and they sent me 2 new noisier then he** fans. So I bought the BestBuy fans and put them in my new canopy.

ok i went to frys and i got what i needed and it works like a charm now my question is does anyone know if they sell a big drill bet that would cut our a perfect circle for the fan its a 120 so its about 4 inches i think now sure but please someone help me with this last bit of info

lol yeah i need a 41/2 inch hole saw but i have a friend that has a 4 inch so ill just go with that for now i think it will work just fine

Back