Small pump that fits in a 5 gallon jug?

dasianguy

Market
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a small pump that will fit in the mouth of a typical 5 gallon jug? I keep extra RODI and saltwater on hand in 5 gallon jugs but I don't have a really good way of moving the water out for water changes or topoff. I usually end up just putting the jug on something tall and siphoning it out, or just manually pouring it (if I'm in the mood for some exercise).

I bought a couple of battery operated pumps from Home Depot (sold primarily for the purpose of pumping gas out of gas cans), and they worked great for a while but have lately just stopped working.

Any suggestions?

a>

An aqua lifter also works well if there isn't much head height, and the pump remains external to the container.

Thanks Grant! Those pumps on autotopoff.com look fairly small so I think one of them will probably work. I have an aqualifter but haven't tried that.. but I think it would probably be too slow for water changes and refilling the ATO resevoir. I think I might try the Fountain Tech FT-130 pump.

They have great ATO units too, I have one that I have been using for a long time and even lent out for a while. Never an issue with it. Not as sleek and high tech as some of the others on the market, but a great budget ATO and would work with any of the pumps that they sell.

Hmmm, that's a good idea. I have a Auto Aqua Smart ATO for my 80 gal and love it, but don't really want to spend that much for my nuvo 8 (which I got from you) and nuvo 10... so I'll look into autotopoff.com some more. Thanks!

Back