Snail Id please....

jayroc24

Reaction score
I started to see this guy after I added my live rock from Sal's shop I looked all over trying to ID this guy any help I would appreciated. This is the best pic I could get it, only comes out at night and hides all the time. thanks Jay

Aquariumpics3-9-2008007-1.jpg
alt="" />

does it look like it has spikes on its back? Is it at top of picture a little to the right? If so I do not have a clue.

ramone;165927 wrote: does it look like it has spikes on its back? Is it at top of picture a little to the right? If so I do not have a clue.

It has spikes but they are soft and moves like a snail always clinging to the rocks.

Ahhh. Could be a cowrie. They can cover their shell with their mantle and some have spikey fleshy protusions.

Got some better pics tonight this might give yall a better idea....

Aquariumpics3-9-2008002-1.jpg
alt="" />

FutureInterest;166388 wrote: Ahhh. Could be a cowrie. They can cover their shell with their mantle and some have spikey fleshy protusions.

Good? Bad? that sounds like it, I am going to look it up, thanks

I understand that some are good and others are not. Its important that you figure out which kind you have as some will eat various corals. I'd recommend you be safe rather than sorry and remove it whenever possible. KEEEELLL it good.

Back