So what is the best way to trap invertebrates prior to redbug tx?

purplegorilla

Reaction score
Ok so I guess my luck have ran out. I have been noticing a lot of my corals aren't as colorful as before. Jin was nice enough to stop by and help me diagnosis to see if I contracted any red bugs since I purchased some corals from Rit the same time with Victor when they had the red bugs incident.

Sure enough, there were couple of those buggers on my Acros. My dilema now is trying to catch my 2 skunk cleaners and blood shrimp. I tried the bottle with inverted opening last nite. The 2 shrimps came and sniffling near it but didnt' even try to go in. I tried dangling a piece of shrimp over a net and got them to latch on but those suckers would dash out when I raises the net.

I remembered seeing a trap with a piece of glass but can't seem to find it. I really dont' want the shrimps to be nuked along with the red bugs. Not to mentioned some emerald crabs too.

Prod_Display.cfm

jmaneyapanda;105880 wrote: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=14700&Nty=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=All&N=2004&Ntt=fish%20trap&Np=1">http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=14700&Nty=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=All&N=2004&Ntt=fish%20trap&Np=1</a>[/QUOTE]

I saw that but I was thinking more like 2 pieces of glass inverted with an opening at the bottom. Because the glass is smooth, it wouldn't let the shrimps have any friction to latch on once it slides down into the crevice.

rlmblm21;105881 wrote: Purple, sorry to hijack your post, but did Jin stop by today? I had an appointment with him and can't get an answer on his cell. The voicemail's not picking up either. If you have a way to contact him, will you tell him I'm trying to get in touch? I was supposed to come to him today, but can't find him.

Hi Barbara, no that was Thursday when he stopped by. He is hard to get in touch sometimes via the phone primarily due to the fact he is afraid to wake up the baby from the phone rings. I would just leave a message and he is good about calling back.

purpleGORILLA;105883 wrote: I saw that but I was thinking more like 2 pieces of glass inverted with an opening at the bottom. Because the glass is smooth, it wouldn't let the shrimps have any friction to latch on once it slides down into the crevice.

Shrimp can swin. That would work for crabs or something, but the shrimp would jet right out. Try putting a krill or piece of big heavy food in the net, in the aquarium.

I have a fish trap you can borrow if I can find it and I am likely not far from you.

Cameron;105910 wrote: I have a fish trap you can borrow if I can find it and I am likely not far from you.

Thanks for the offer Cameron, I actually have a trap and was able to use that to catch both the skunk cleaners (they kind of stupid actually). I was unable to catch the blood shrimp however. Decided to nuke the tank this past Sunday and everything is going well.

Back