Soggy carpet no more!

ga_daisy

Market
Reaction score
Thanks to all of ya'll that hung out with me last week during the brain storm on what to do with my plumbing issues! Though I'm a plumbing idiot, and honestly just sat here and read and nodded the entire time (looking :confused2:)....I truly appreciate all efforts in steering me in the right direction.

JT came to my rescue with drill in hand. Overflow no more, overflow no more. Free at last. Free at last. No more dred feelings when the storms start to move in and I'm not close to home.

Again....thanks all.

New plumbing issue, the guy that set up my system GLUED my plumbing in the overflow. So....I still have fish trapped. Thoughts anyone? And...yes I've learned my lesson, the overflows will be covered as soon as I get a chance to run by the HD.

Can you drain the water enough in the tank and suck out the rest of the water in the overflow to get a small net in there or even your hand? Never messed with a RR tank so I am just trying to think of something that could possibly work.

Yeah....had thought about that BUT...its pretty tight in there. JT's hands were too big to reach the bottom, mine area also....(plumbing in overflow makes it a tight fit)

Putting an APB out on someone with long arms and small hands.

And thinking that they will simply run away from a net and get in behind the pipework.

Barbara;374729 wrote: Stuff something under (or inside) the overflow, from the bottom up. I suggest some pillow stuffing from wal-mart (I use it in my HOB filters to catch particulate matter). Make sure you don't cover the fish, but slowly fill up the overflow from beneath the fish, forcing less swimming room and forcing it all to the top. When the overflow is filled up to the point where the fish is visible/catchable, net him and then pull the stuffing out of the overflow.

That's what I'd try.

:yay:Insanely GREAT idea Barbara! Cool, I'm hitting the Wally World on my way home. AND....there will be covers over the overflows.....so there will be no future divers. (will attempt the DIY cover for entire tank) ....as she crosses fingers and hopes for the best!

FWIW, even though you've already gotten a genius idea, I rebent the wire on a net to make it thin and long (more in line with the handle) and zip-tied the handle to a piece of thin pvc. Then a long strip of eggcrate strategically placed to block half the overflow (vertically)... once I did all that I had him out in a few minutes.

Ok, Barry, so I get the eggcrate to block off the hard to reach behind the plumbing area, I totally understand that. BUT, why the thin PVC connected to the Net? I'm assuming to make it longer, but I'm not completely sure. Its been a while since I've had any of those, there......ummmm adult beverages. The boss irritated me today (I think he doesn't understand that I'm unavailable to work if there are interesting threads going on at the big ARC!).....so while at the WallyWorld picking up the pillow stuffing stuff.....well, fill in the banks.

PVC, why?

Back