Solana Vs 40g breeder

thedeper

Market
Reaction score
So I can't decide if I should break down the Solana and sell it and set up a 40g breeder (depending on how nice it is) so I want others opinion.

What would you do?

Potential plans for the 40 would include 6 light t5 fixture, nice skimmer, sump, custom stand.

Or should I just rescape the rocks in my Solana and add more coral?

What to do, what to do?

get a 1000 gallon system and put a 40b and a solana inside it :) problem solved

Ive always liked the 40 breeders if i was gonna settup a larger then my solana tank that would be it. or a 33Long but that is smaller then a solana volume wise. Both are great but i go through tank like gasoline so. . .

That is one of the things I was thinking about. To me the breeder has more aesthetically pleasing dimensions than the Solana, but I already have the Solana set up so it is kind of hard to just rip apart.

Carty;244340 wrote: get a 1000 gallon system and put a 40b and a solana inside it :) problem solved
You guys and your big tanks LOL.

In all seriuosness its all in what you want. I got rid of my AIO because going with a reef ready setup gave me more options with skimmers, pumps and upgrades later.

Be kind of hard to convince someone that it would hold water with 1,000,000 little peices laying in a box.

ill come break it down for you no problem, the solana will of course be leaving with me though lol

Oh I could break it down in like 15 minutes, but just making myself go through with it and stick with the breeder is the setback.

Plus, you have a dang Solana

I see what you mean about not wanting to break it down.. because it took so much effort to set up...

just think of how much fun it is establishing a new tank.. aka 40b

Carty;244360 wrote: I see what you mean about not wanting to break it down.. because it took so much effort to set up...

just think of how much fun it is establishing a new tank.. aka 40b
agreed. Now that I have my 40b done I think its time to start another one LOL

Haha well you can give me that sump and skimmer you got for your 40 and ill just toss it right on to mine.

thedeper;244362 wrote: Haha well you can give me that sump and skimmer you got for your 40 and ill just toss it right on to mine.
LOL I said start another one not tear one down I already have. Building them is half the fun for me. I have an empty 56 here that needs some love.

Ah, it was just wishful thinking. Ace is tryin his best to talk me out of doing it haha.

Back