Solana vs. Red Sea Max?

alikat

Market
Reaction score
I have a Red Sea Max right now. For the most part, I really like it, but I can't help noticing the Solana. Should I sell my Red Sea Max and get a Solana?

If so, where should I buy a Solana around here? If you don't want to post prices and such, please PM me. Unfortunately, money is tight right now. I need to save every way I can if I do this.

theplatypus;169870 wrote: Why are you unhappy with the Red Sea Max?

Well, it has a few quirks that drive me crazy. The protein skimmer doesn't seem like it's working enough. Best I can tell, the water in the powerheads chamber isn't filling up enough because the jets are squirting out water sporadically. Before, I had a bubble problem, but when I tried to fill up the water, it leaked.

Other than that, great tank. It's just the idea that there's always something better out there.

this would be a good question to ask on RC. more people with those tanks

How many gallons is your Red Sea? I am assuming it is around the same as the solana(34g?)

Dawgdude is right, it is a really nice tank, good stuff, but my opinion is that if money is tight, and you already have a Red Sea, your money would be better invested in either livestock or minor mods to the Red Sea to alleviate the problems you are having with it. 700+ bucks will buy a lot of neat stuff to really make your RS pop. I wouldn't re-invest in a tank that is similar to what you have, as you will just loose too much money with too little gain. JMO.

It's a 34. I think I've decided against getting another tank. Just a nano. I'm just sick of this red sea water pumps making noises and spitting out water. driving me crazy!!

Back