Solution to majano anenomes?

mojo

Market
Reaction score
Has anyone found a good, long term solution to majano anenomes?

I've gone through 4-5 vials of Joe's Juice over the past month or two, carefully finding all the anenome's that I can. The ones that I can find seem to die, but I know there's more behind the rocks that I can't get to. Thus, after a couple weeks, I have a few dozen majanos again.

Has anyone found any biological control for majanos? I'm willing to special order nudibranchs, shrimp, or any other mostly-reef safe creature to control them. The only other option I've found is to use some non-reef-safe angels and take them out, but I have clams and corals that I like more than I hate the majanos....

Anyone?

There is no reef-safe biological control that we know of. Everything that will eat them, will eat other corals. Camel shrimps will eat them just as well as some angels, but they are also not really reef safe.

Their only weakness is that they are photosynthetic. They move around just like BTAs, so if you deprive them of light for a few days even the deep down ones should move to the surface of the rocks where you can kill them off with ease.

I have heard RAccoon butterflies will eradicate them, but we all know the story with butterflies in a reef.

A butterfly would be acceptable if I knew I could remove it later (and it wouldn't destroy my clams and corals in the meanwhile). Some butterflys nip at corals, which would be acceptable...

might want to try the 3 day no light deal that some people do to controll algea. That might help to bring them out as Jin says.

From my understanding, a raccoon or a queen angel will eat majano... but given the option they would probably rather eat some of your nicer corals. I'm sure they'd eventually get to your majanos though.

A super race of clowns that try to host in them and kill them by stomping on them in the process.

Seriously, I still do mine the old fashioned way. kalkwasser and a big needle.

I use a hypodermic needle full of liquid calcium. I inject it and they die stat!

Back