Some pics and a few questions :)

floridaboy704

Market
Reaction score
Well, here it is... this is my Aquapod in all of its young glory. I have a few questions as well but I will ask them as I post the pics... Here it goes...

FTS

fts2.jpg
alt="" />

GSP- This is the gsp frag I told you guys about that is tiny. Pic is a lot more green in real life than this shows for some reason

GSP.jpg
alt="" />

Hammer coral frag- Thanks wayb!!!:thumbs: ... i dont think you can tell in this pic but it actually has tiny buds coming off the main stalk.

hammercoral.jpg
alt="" />

Here are my 2 clusters of pom pom xenia... both have buds, but pic #2 you can barely make out the bud, as well as the main stalk splitting - thanks again wayb!!!

xenia2.jpg
alt="" />

xeniaboy2.jpg
alt="" />

This is one of my mushrooms?? Or is this some kind of ric?? I have heard both, but it was the size of a dime 2 weeks ago, now its grown to quarter size.

unknownshroom.jpg
alt="" />

Here is my purple shroom (you can see an injury he got as I brought home LR and didnt know he was there) he has grown drastically in size in the last month. He was the size of a dime as well, now hes about 3 inches across when fully expanded. Dispite his injury hes doing well! The silver one behind him was sold as a silver ric... is this true or is it just a shroom?? He was miffed about something in this pic...

2shrooms.jpg
alt="" />

This is my new nem... a flower nem. Hes kinda ugly and brown but I love him :lol2:

FlowerNem.jpg
alt="" />

My zoa... what kind is unknown but the pic dont do them justice. I was told they are nuclear greens but im not sure. The center is bright orange and neon green skirts... anyone know for sure?? I started with 4 heads and now I have 8 heads, although you cant see most of them in the pic... im happy they are growing!

zoa.jpg
alt="" />

Now just some misc shots,

Cerinth snail with barnicles on his shell...

cerinth.jpg
alt="" />

Meeting of the hermit minds

threewisehermits.jpg
alt="" />

Last but not least... my baby Tank!!! Hes my sweetheart!

tankclown.jpg
alt="" />

Sorry for the quality of the pics, its the best I could do with a crappy camera lol.

Oh and thanks in advance for the IDs!

Nice Pics... Looking good...

As for your shroom question... No that is just a shroom but the pic below it, of the other shroom, the blue/green "disk" behind it looks like a Ric.

The Zoas might be what I have seen called Miami Hurricanes. I have some and they look great under actinics.

Xyzpdq0121;171666 wrote: Nice Pics... Looking good...

As for your shroom question... No that is just a shroom but the pic below it, of the other shroom, the blue/green "disk" behind it looks like a Ric.

Thats what I was thinking about that one. It was sold to me as a ric. I picked it up for 10 bucks, so its worth it at any rate. He has been giving me lots and lots of problems though. He seems to not be happy anywhere I put him. He hasnt been fully expanded in a couple of days. I have had to move him a lot because he has problems attaching to my LR. He seems to only want to attach to sand. I cant figure him out, and I dont want to lose it.

LiveRock27;171675 wrote: The Zoas might be what I have seen called Miami Hurricanes. I have some and they look great under actinics.

Thanks very much, now that you say that, it makes sense lol. They do look killer under actinics and they are budding nicely now. Im glad I seen them rolling around my LFS reef tank. A little super glue gel and a piece of rubble and BAM, they perked right up!

The tank is coming along nicely except for me having an epic battle with flatworms and some really tough kind of green algae that I need a razor blade to get off! :confused2:

My guess the blue one in pic 7 is a ric. Looks like a Yuma because the bulbs are lined up in definate lines and way puffier on the outer edge than in the center unlike a florida. Oh and pic 6 is not a ric but looks like a hairy mushroom as stated above

Amberjack;171960 wrote: Pic #7 does look like a Ric although not sure. Another pic please. Silver looks to be a very kool color. BTW tank looks great! :up:
thank you!

Hes a kick ath lookin ric when hes not pissed about something. When hes fully expanded hes gorgeous. Today he finally started to settle down a little and expand :thumbs: Poor guy has been through a lot of chit in my tank. He had a rough start. His first day I placed him on his rock all to himself and my biggest turbo snail falls from the LR and knocks him off. He detaches from what little sand he held onto and I end up having to pick him out from behind my LR. I place him in my in tank fuge and put LR rubble under him hoping he will attach to something................ WRONG a week later hes still not attached to anything. At this point hes looking really stressed so I put him in between a couple of small pieces of LR on the sand and after a few days hes attached to sand again. I place him again on his rock and the current sweeps him up and places him again in the dark under some LR. :mad2: Poor little guy looked like Mary Poppins hanging onto her umbrella in a tornado! After rescue number 2 He manages to hold on to some sand so I try to super glue the sand to a piece of rubble. SUCCESS!!! Or so I thought... the super glue pisses him off and he detaches again. After this im so frustrated thats when I posted asking you guys if its ok to put him by my big shroom where he is now. After Barbara says hers are close, I put him there. Lo and behold he finally attaches to the LR and has a home. Only today did he start to fully expand. Its been a journey with him but I think hes finally a little happier and settling down. :doh: Hopefully it will recover well and give me more little rics.

johnr2604;171975 wrote: My guess the blue one in pic 7 is a ric. Looks like a Yuma because the bulbs are lined up in definate lines and way puffier on the outer edge than in the center unlike a florida. Oh and pic 6 is not a ric but looks like a hairy mushroom as stated above
+1 on it being a yuma.

LiveRock27;172010 wrote: +1 on it being a yuma.

:up: I hope they dont require any special care, something im neglecting. I try to feed all my mushrooms but none will take food. I have tried to feed brine shrimp but no luck as of yet.

My yuma loves mysis as do my floridas. also you should be fine. Yumas actually like a little shade if you running powerful halides. but should do great in your setup

Ok great. I just found something else thats pretty neat. The mushroom thats close to the yuma had shrunken up a little when the lights went out. Well his disc lifted up and his foot looks deformed. :confused2:

It has started growing in a "C" shape, almost like its trying to grow from underneath the disc. It hasnt been like this before. I know he has been growing massively lately, could this be a bud or something? It almost looks like its foot is a little bloated too towards the end of the C thats closest to the outer edge of the disc. I wonder if hes sending off something that will grow into a new shroom. Now that would be cool!!

Back