Sometimes I hate my wrasse

bhodges82

Supporting
Reaction score
So I just bought 5 peppermint shrimp , I’m down to 4 for now....sorry little dude.

5b339ca3d021e2e77636ede9af3909b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha ya they will eat almost all your shrimp. Especially if you only feed once a day. One of mine used to eat snails too which got very annoying.

Haha ya they will eat almost all your shrimp. Especially if you only feed once a day. One of mine used to eat snails too which got very annoying.

Yea, I have a lot of empty shells laying around. I was hoping to get some aptasia relief with the shrimp, I guess not.

I had a mystery wrasse eat three before they ever touched the sand once. I dropped five in, and only one lasted more than a minute.

When I first started in this hobby I was admiring a friends reef and noticed aptasia growing aggressively in his tank. He said he’d have to wait until the Melanurus Wrasse died to control it... tank was to full to remove Melanurus.
That day forward I’d never house a Melanurus Wrasse. Only had Aptasia once, got 5 shrimp and never saw it again. The shrimp still only lived about a year, something probably ate them but that did their job.
There are SO many other beautiful peaceful Wrasse to choose from.

When I first started in this hobby I was admiring a friends reef and noticed aptasia growing aggressively in his tank. He said he’d have to wait until the Melanurus Wrasse died to control it... tank was to full to remove Melanurus.
That day forward I’d never house a Melanurus Wrasse. Only had Aptasia once, got 5 shrimp and never saw it again. The shrimp still only lived about a year, something probably ate them but that did their job.
There are SO many other beautiful peaceful Wrasse to choose from.

At the time I got this wrasse I was pulling my my hair out, and my coral, because some how I got Zoa eating nudis AND monti eating nudis at the same time, he’s been a blessing on my reef, unfortunately it’s hard to keep clean up crew with him. I’ve had very little success with Copper Banded Butterflies, but trying again is starting to seem like an option. I’m too lazy to use my laser, aptasia x is a waste of time, and file fish just want to nip my coral.

Back