Sometimes they leak..........

ROFL! If you drop the "w-r and e....BINGO! :eek: :D:D:D I'm actually glad he's my bud! I don't want him digging a hole for me with his favorite toy!:)

I saw this and this brings up a general question I've had.

How long can one expect a manufactured tank to maintain its seal?

I've stared at my tank on occasion and just wondered should I consider breaking it down to replace all the interior silicone? My tank is an All-Glass (Now Aqueon?) 90g reef ready tank. It has no leaks but has been its current location and running for about 17 years! I just wonder am I pushing the envelope on its useful life or are others doing similar.

I had the 265g for about 10+ years, it sat for years before we got it up and going(Hals mom got sick and we were taking care of two homes etc...). We moved and had to get it on a sled to take it around to the down stars door so it had some treatment that most large tanks don't get. It really helps if you have an extra tanks or a friend with one you can use. Any tank can leak! It might be a good subject to have at a momthly meeting! " What to do if you have a leak" and "How to Reseal a Tank".

Back