Sometimes this hobby sucks

kevinbeth

Market
Reaction score
I paid Chris at Fish Scales a few years ago a lot of money to build a custom tank for me. I saw a members tank on here (rededge or something like that) and my dad and I set out to duplicate it. Well 2 kids later my wife was tired of it sitting so she and my family paid The Fish store to come out and set it up. Patrick from The Fish store was incredible. Well the custom sump sprang a leak so I replaced it then we plumbed the tank and let it rip. Thank God no leaks. Well 24 hrs later the bottom seem gave out and spilled 140 gallons of water all over my hardwood floors taking out 3 gen 3 radion pros in the process. If anyone knows Chris tell him I said thank you for building me such a quality tank for almost a thousand dollars! You rock

4 years.  Do you think sitting empty should cause a tank to come apart at the seams?  This tank was stored indoors and on a stand. I can't see how lack of water inside would make it catastrophically fail.

This is the fear of every tank owner. Sucks. I hope insurance paid for the repairs.

Im so sorry that happened.   If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.  There are quite a few members who are always aroud to help in any way they can.

Thanks.  Part of me wants to buy another tank and just go commercial brand so no drama. It's just a 60" 120 but I'm out thousands now and can't wrap my head around it just yet.  It was looking really nice though. Lol
2q6jn6rfyoodmbywdglz6s9ob3csvn8o.jpg
alt="Tanks" width="558" height="314" />

<p style="text-align: right;">Man. I bet the cleaning up is not that fun at all

Man I'm sorry to hear that, I had a tank from him also and had a leak with mine. Ended up giving it away and bought a commercial made tank, thank god mine was a small leak and was able to transfer everything to new tank. If I was you I would look for a used tank ,that is not a real uncommon size. Good luck don't give up!

Sorry to hear that happened. Let us know if you need anything.

Dang that sucks! $1000 for a 6' 120?? I paid $2500 for an 8x4x2 custom years ago. That doesn't seem like a good price...

Is it glass or acrylic? Is the stand perfectly level? I would have water tested it outside for a couple of days before I filled it in the house too. I just resealed a 140g cube. I left it on my back patio full for two weeks before I brought it inside. I guess you have less concern generally with new tanks.

Back