SOS ID needed!

myreefclub0070

Market
Reaction score
Just move my gorniapora and saw this guy, look like a long bump worm.
Tell me what it is and if it's good or bad.

heathlindner25;958936 wrote: I'm pretty sure its a bristle worm... it's not terribly bad

No, not a bristle worm, I've got those and know what they look like, this one doesn't have any bristles at all.

Body segmenting makes it kind of look like a brown Medusa worm.

from the head of the last pic i would say bobbit but ive never seen one in person so i couldnt be sure. either way i would take the coral out and place it in some type of coral dip to try and kill the worm. anytime i see a worm on the soft tissue of a stony coral and its not just crawling over it to get somewhere i consider it a bad worm and try to get rid of it. and from the looks of it it doesnt look like that one is just trying to get somewhere.

from the head of the one in that last pic i would say bobbit but ive never seen one in person so i couldnt be sure. either way i would take the coral out and place it in some type of coral dip solution to try and kill the worm. anytime i see a worm on the soft tissue of a stony coral and its not just crawling over it to get somewhere i consider it a bad worm and try to get rid of it. and from the looks of it it doesnt look like that one is just trying to get somewhere.

Picoreefguy;958968 wrote: from the head of the one in that last pic i would say bobbit but ive never seen one in person so i couldnt be sure. either way i would take the coral out and place it in some type of coral dip solution to try and kill the worm. anytime i see a worm on the soft tissue of a stony coral and its not just crawling over it to get somewhere i consider it a bad worm and try to get rid of it. and from the looks of it it doesnt look like that one is just trying to get somewhere.

+1. I wouldn't risk it when it comes to worms. I would remove it while have the chance.

Back