Spa flex tubing

cdub

Market
Reaction score
well my fish room in the garage finally has drywall on the outisde so its time for me to take the next step and plumb it into the system. i am wanting to use spa flex hose, does anyone know of a cheap place to pick some up?

Home Depot prices are relatively cheap.They sell up to 2" in most stores.

i checked my local home depot and it appears they do not, any other suggestions?

I bought mine from HD. I know Lowes has it too.

You can also get it from pool supply stores like Leslie's

cdub;89903 wrote: i checked my local home depot and it appears they do not, any other suggestions?

You can order it from Savko.com or one of those online places.Did you ask one of the Home Depot employees? Ive yet to see one that does not have any,the spools of spaflex are always above the section of small plumbing fittings.

I just finished my setup which used a bunch of Spaflex. Info on where I got it is below. In case you haven't used it before, it is not as nice as it sounds as it is relatively inflexible and has a bind of its own based on the instilled curves. Be sure to leave it out in a hot area and have a hair dryer handy.

Also, you will want to use the cleaner/solvent as your primer (I think yellow can), and the Rain N Shine (light blue can) for your glue. Both are available at HD and Lowes. This recommendation comes from the manufacturer when using Spaflex.

Main benefits in my view:
-When straight absolutely won’t work...
-decreased head pressure from smooth curves
-long runs require no gluing
-no chance of leaks at junctions

We had long horizontal drain runs (about 50'), so I used 2" Spaflex on the drains, and 1.25 on the pump line. The head loss calculator at reefcentral was a big help - be sure to take into account the diameter of your pump line.

Home Depot and Lowes do not stock 2", but often stock 1, 1.25 and 1.5 Spaflex. If you buy a whole box, Home Depot DOES have a discount for the whole box - make them find it versus paying per foot. We did find the 2" locally at Associated Leisure Products - 770-381-2022

Spaflex is working well for us, but was a bit expensive and not nearly as nice to work with as hoped...

My HD and Lowes stocks 1" and I think 1.5". If you can wait a day or 2, order it from Savko.com as their price blows away HD and Lowes. You can also get ball and gate valves from Savko for a good price...

While Savko is cheaper than HD/Lowes, they are more expensive on spaflex than Associated Leisure Products.

For 50' of 2" Spaflex:
ALP: 67.84 including roll discount and tax
Savko: 96.75 (includes 11.25 shipping)

Back