Space Invader Pectinia Dying

Bmagill

Supporting
Reaction score
bought this a couple of weeks ago and dying. Is there any suggestions or tips to keep this one alive?

Attachments

• 20200811_093526.jpg
    20200811_093526.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Also what are your parameters?

worst case scenario, give it to me and let me try to nurse it back. If/when it recovers, you can have it back(if you trust me that is)

Well you clearly are having trouble with this particular species of coral.

I have it about mid way up. Parameters are below

Nitrate - less then 10
Salinity - 1.024
KH - 9
Calcium - 520
Ph - 8.4

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

@Bmagill What lights are you running? Do you know the PAR for your tank? Midway up means different things from one tank to another. Did you start it there or slowly move it up from your sand bed as it acclimates to your lighting?

Running a viparspectra 165w on it. 24 inch deep tank. 100% blues. Started at the bottom and it was dying. Moved it up a bit and still same result. Just rented a par meter so will measure it on Thursday since I purchased a Ecotech Radion xr30w g4.

@hzheng33 would have more recent/better pectinia info than I do.

At our old LFS, everytime our guys ever tried to frag Pectinia, it would die over the following weeks. Perhaps this species of coral doesn’t do well after being cut. Or perhaps, it is specific to individuals, and some can handle being fragged better than others. Sorry I can’t be of more help... but all I can offer is: it may not be anything related to your care. But best wishes in trying to solve this regardless.

Also what are your parameters?

worst case scenario, give it to me and let me try to nurse it back. If/when it recovers, you can have it back(if you trust me that is)
I am good with giving you a shot. It is already dying so worth you trying to bring it back to life.

Back