Spectrapure RODI Question

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
When I hooked up my Spectrapure RO/DI tonight it showed .001 TDS on the final water output line. After verifying the reading with my hand held meter I decided to change the filters.

I changed the four lower filters that are in the see through canisters, trying to be cheap of course and hold off on the two membranes on top.

I have no water coming out of the final water line now (it is blue) and when I run the flush valve the amount of water increases (yellow waste line) like it is supposed to, but nothing from the blue line for RO/DI water.

Can anyone give me advise?

A few questions:

1. Are all of the canisters filled up with water?
2. Did you mess with the flow restrictor or alter any of the lines?
3. How long did you let it run?
4. Are you sure that all of the filters are seated properly?
5. Do you run a booster or permeate pump?

It takes a while for all of the canisters to fill up and build enough pressure to push through the membrane. You might let it run for a while to make sure that it is completely full.

1. Are all of the canisters filled up with water? <span style="color: Red"> Yes.</span>
2. Did you mess with the flow restrictor or alter any of the lines? <span style="color: Red"> I did not to the best of my knowledge, it is in a line that runs through the fast flush, I installed one aftermarket several months ago but it has nothing to do with the filters I changed so it should not be the problem. </span>
3. How long did you let it run? <span style="color: Red">It ran on flush for 10 minutes then normal mode for several minutes before I realized nothing was coming out of the RO/DI tube. </span>
4. Are you sure that all of the filters are seated properly? <span style="color: Red"> I did verify all filters and that they were seated properly. </span>
5. Do you run a booster or permeate pump? <span style="color: Red">No Booster. </span>

Hmm, might let it run for a while longer just too see if it will start producing. Beyond that, IDK. Sounds like it might be clogged, but I have a hard time believing it given all the pre-filters. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about this can chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghbrewer;1040416 wrote: Hmm, might let it run for a while longer just too see if it will start producing. Beyond that, IDK. Sounds like it might be clogged, but I have a hard time believing it given all the pre-filters. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about this can chime in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Jeez Grant, sounds like your totally in top of everything dear!

I've got the same unit. Let it run for 30 minutes, let us know results.

I'll try running it longer tonight. It is a portable unit that I hook up in the kitchen when needed. I know it ran at least 30-45 minutes last night while I was troubleshooting.

Hey, Gary and Christine (Reef Threads Podcast) had a pretty good Podcast on RODI filters this week with Marc Levenson of Melev's Reef. They talked in depth about RODI, just figured you might find it interesting...

a>

Hey thanks for the info guys, for some reason I did not get email updates about new responses. The fix was simple after I spoke with CS at Spectrapure. They had me start removing cannisters one by one and running the unit. After that I started replacing them one by one and had product water until I added the fourth cartridge. It turns out that when I changed the filters the old rubber washer stayed in the 4th canister and made the unit malfunction.

I've learned a lot about my RO/DI unit in the last few days and even discovered that my waste to product water ratio is way out of whack. I've got a new flow restrictor on the way to fix that.

Back