Sponge concern.

brazilian

Market
Reaction score
I had a tread like this bfore, but i think nobody really knew what I was talking about.
but here it is. I have a bunch of sponges growing on my LR, and I just like to know if they are good or bad.:confused2:
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
218843=13102-IMG_1555.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
218843=13102-IMG_1555.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_1555.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
218843=13101-IMG_1557.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
218843=13101-IMG_1557.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_1557.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

it's hard to tell exactly what they are from my phone, however, if they are sponges, they should me fine. However, since they are do large, you have to careful that they don't die, cause that can cause a big ammonia spike. Make sure they don't get exposed to air.

Brazilian;218843 wrote: I had a tread like this bfore, but i think nobody really knew what I was talking about.
but here it is. I have a bunch of sponges growing on my LR, and I just like to know if they are good or bad.:confused2:

I've got thet same ones. Had them for years. Not an issue. Even gave some to Brandon.

yeah, harmless. If you one day get an angel, it'll probably eat it up.

Yep. Not just harmless, but very good filter feeders like clams, but much more so for their volume and zero light requirements. That one's not exactly winning any beauty contests, but would make a great sponge to cultivate in a cryptic refugium.

I have a sponge colony that looks like a huge acro. Lives underneath my big monti...weird but beneficial to your system. If it's making it, your system is stable and doing quite well.

Back