Sponge question

roundman

Market
Reaction score
I have a nice sized rock that is covered in red and green mushrooms. I had a small sponge on it, no problem. Now the sponge is about to take over the rock and the mushrooms are jumping ship and going else where or just staying smaller. The sponge looks very cool but like the mushrooms better. NOW the question is should I try to move the mushrooms and keep the sponge, move the rock into the frag tank and move the mushrooms, or just take the rock out of the water for a while and try and kill the sponge?

Thanks for any help

Sponges are very good water filter/movers for a system. I'd keep it if you can. You could move it to a refugium or sump, if you don't want it in the tank. They don't need light.

roundman;182140 wrote: I have a nice sized rock that is covered in red and green mushrooms. I had a small sponge on it, no problem. Now the sponge is about to take over the rock and the mushrooms are jumping ship and going else where or just staying smaller. The sponge looks very cool but like the mushrooms better. NOW the question is should I try to move the mushrooms and keep the sponge, move the rock into the frag tank and move the mushrooms, or just take the rock out of the water for a while and try and kill the sponge?

Thanks for any help

Why not relocate the sponge?!? Frag it just like a coral.

Red Tailed Trigger;182151 wrote: What would make a white sponge turn gray in some areas?

Exposure to air is the first main reason...

Back