Sponsors that test water

liciawms

Market
Reaction score
I was wondering what LFS that will test your water for phosphates, alkalinity, magnesium and calcium

I've had water tested at Optimum and Premier.

We perform every test on all parameters in house. Just bring a sample by any time, and we'll do it right away.

The stores in the Atlanta area that I've been to; use API test kits to test your reef tank water. I'm not sure if any use a different brand to test water samples. I would be willing to pay for tests completed with other brands other than API test kits. One of the local vendors to Atlanta was in the process of getting an automated testing machine from another company. That was a Great idea!! Now, things happen and that Great idea is no longer.

You can send your sample water off to a company that will test it for you. It's a bit pricey, but if accuracy is important, it may be worth it. Especially, if your tanks are fill with some expensive livestock; the extra cost maybe worth it. Someone may chime in with the name of the particular company.

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;1093066 wrote: The stores in the Atlanta area that I've been to; use API test kits to test your reef tank water. I'm not sure if any use a different brand to test water samples. I would be willing to pay for tests completed with other brands other than API test kits. One of the local vendors to Atlanta was in the process of getting an automated testing machine from another company. That was a Great idea!! Now, things happen and that Great idea is no longer.

You can send your sample water off to a company that will test it for you. It's a bit pricey, but if accuracy is important, it may be worth it. Especially, if your tanks are fill with some expensive livestock; the extra cost maybe worth it. Someone may chime in with the name of the particular company.

Wannabee

We test with Redsea and Seachem test kits.

I haven't seen any sponsors bust out the API kits in a good long while (if ever)... about every 4-6 months I have a sanity check run to make sure I'm not totally botching my Red Sea-taken readings.

Most sponsors I've used in the past couple years run the tests using Seachem, Red Sea or Sera/Nyos, with Salifert available on request. Never seen a need to pop the extra time/$ to re-run even though all have been willing to do so if there's a veracity question.

Now, as for which Sponsors do FREE testing of all the major parameters (ie salinity, Alkalinty, Nitrate, Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphate or other trace elements of interest) versus just a subset of the quicker tests? Almost none nowadays but then again they all charge so little FOR THE BATCH ($5-15) that it's usually not worth the quibbling.

BulkRate;1093126 wrote: I haven't seen any sponsors bust out the API kits in a good long while (if ever)... about every 4-6 months I have a sanity check run to make sure I'm not totally botching my Red Sea-taken readings.

Most sponsors I've used in the past couple years run the tests using Seachem, Red Sea or Sera/Nyos, with Salifert available on request. Never seen a need to pop the extra time/$ to re-run even though all have been willing to do so if there's a veracity question.

Now, as for which Sponsors do FREE testing of all the major parameters (ie salinity, Alkalinty, Nitrate, Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphate or other trace elements of interest) versus just a subset of the quicker tests? Almost none nowadays but then again they all charge so little FOR THE BATCH ($5-15) that it's usually not worth the quibbling.

We are technically supposed to charge for things like Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphate, etc... but probably 4+ years ago I had all my employees stop charging for extra tests. So yes... we test for EVERYTHING for free upon request =)

=)

Back