SPS?'s

jeep9783

Market
Reaction score
I have a 75 rr with icecap 660 with 4x48 10k bulbs about 4-5 inches from the water...opinions on sps potential (surviability) to thrive with this lighting running a resirc octo not worried about water quality...just the lighting issue or if it is an issue

chris

You shouldn't have a problem growing any montipora...cap or digita ect. I've seen a few acro's grow well under VHO's like Tricolor acro, Vidalia acro, Millies, German blue acro, and sermintosa.

Just make sure to replace your bulbs in a staggard kind of way. Like one every two months. That way they stay strong and you don't have ups and downs in your PAR.

ok would this change anything being that it is t-5s any problems groning acros? Or do i need to add a few more bulbs?

yes overdriven icecap 660 with 4 48in bulbs...forget what the wattage equals something like 53 whats yes individual icecap reflectors...

actinics do very little for growing coral. The 4 T5's should have no problem growing SPS. Idealy 6 over the tank would rock! You can go with a 6500K, 10K, 12K, 14k and two super actinics. GrimReefer on RC has alot of expamles of what t5's to use. Check that out for sure.

this is the rule of thumb i use for sps

55g 4bulb
75g 6bulb
90g 8bulbs

Check out BIGD. He runs t5's on a 180 and has tried many combo's.

Back