SPS, sand and 2 MP40s

rodasphoto

Market
Reaction score
I getting ready to set my tank up (93 cube) for SPS dominant and was wondering what sand y'all recommend? I like the look of the fine sand but am afraid of bare spots and it blowing all over the place with 2 mp40s.

Also where should I position the mp40s on the cube?

Look at the Caribsea "Reef Special" sand. Most people go for the "Figi Pink" and I think it's just too small of a grain size and very hard to gravel vacuum. The Reef Special is the next grain size up. Still gives you a nice look and the sand sifters can still sift through it. And allows for gravel vacuuming.

Jakub

I have a giant bucket of used Carrib sea Reef special sand in my garage for free

I use the seaflor special grade reef sand. Perfect size between crushed coral and sugar sand. I can run my to mp40 wide open on my 4' 150g without sand blowing around.

blind1993;1114909 wrote: I have a giant bucket of used Carrib sea Reef special sand in my garage for free

Do you ever make it towards Athens? I just might have to make a drive out your way.

Rodasphoto;1114914 wrote: Do you ever make it towards Athens? I just might have to make a drive out your way.

Not that often but I might at some point in June for a weekend

blind1993;1114915 wrote: Not that often but I might at some point in June for a weekend
If I don't make it that way could we meet up so I can take the sand off your hands?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Black sand all the way. Nothing makes the coral pop under actinics like black sand. Gives a Hawaiian look and it doesnt blow around. Just make sure you dont get the magnetic variety.

Back