Stand availability

lmm1967

Reaction score
Who generally has the quickest turnaround / most on hand stock of stands?

Short story - we are needing to have some emergency work done on the house which is causing me to move 2 of my tanks out of the living room. I'm ready to transfer everything from my 60 cube to a 120 I already have.

I also have a 40b that currently houses any nasty crabs we end up with, plus an oyster toadfish that came to us via TBS rock that is growing. He wil eventually need to be in at least a 120 but since he tends to eat ANYTHING he can get in his mouth I can't put him in my other tank.

I'm contemplating just making the jump to a second 120 during this tank shuffle I'm forced to do - but, since they will be very close to each other they will need to both be on matching stands.  The stand I currently have for the 120 is a DIY plywood stand - my problem is I simply don't have time in the next 1 - 2 weeks to build and paint another one to match it - SO, I'm considering just purchasing 2 stands plus 1 tank. I know several local shops will have 1 stand on hand but in the past when I've inquired there is often times a 4 - 6 week lead time to get one made. I don't have that much time if I'm going to pull the trigger.

The good news is - all other "stuff" needed I pretty much have on hand. I have 2 sumps, 2 pumps, enough apex modules etc to run 2 tanks that size.

Back