stand ideas

jt955

Market
Reaction score
just ordered my new tank dsa 190 today looking for some stand ideas.

Optimum has a lot of tanks set up with stands that might give you some ideas. Don't do what i did and get a stand that too small for a good size sump/fuge. Big stand=big sump:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

jt955;321082 wrote: deap sea aqautics.

OK. DSA makes nice stands. Why didn't you order one...cost? They aren't cheap.

Grouper Therapy makes custom stands here as well. You might PM him.
Dave

yeah the tank is kinda busting the tank stand budget, and i dont want to get into the sump, pumps, lights, etc money, and i just kinda want to build one. i am good with metalworking, and want to try my hand at woodworking, i figure if i am just patient and take my time i should be able to make a nice stand.

jt955;321099 wrote: yeah the tank is kinda busting the tank stand budget, and i dont want to get into the sump, pumps, lights, etc money, and i just kinda want to build one. i am good with metalworking, and want to try my hand at woodworking, i figure if i am just patient and take my time i should be able to make a nice stand.

If you are good at metalworking, then why don't you make a metal stand out of angle iron stock, coat it for rust prevention, then you can skin it with wood?
Dave

hmm, i had thought about an all metal stand, and an all wood but not a hybrid, it might just work, maybe coated in one of the new high tech gun coatings.

Guys that build the metal/wood skin types usually powdercoat the metal, I think.

Back