Stand Trim

rodasphoto

Market
Reaction score
I was hoping to get your opinion on the trim for my tank stand.
STAND
6R3FwGa.jpg
alt="" />
Option 1
ESYNcGx.jpg
alt="" />
Option 2
BQRnaVK.jpg
alt="" />
I was thinking of possibly going around the perimeter of the bottom corners with 1x4 as with the trim.

Should I add anything else or leave it as is. I am going to paint it white and caulk the edges.

Option 2 while subtle does add an extra dimension to the lines of the trim. It will be much more defined once painted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you want to get more decorative, you could add rosettes on the 4 corners.

I actually started painting it to get a better idea of how it will look.
4b00f4a35e2385c2076e1d0d7f765eab.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Snarky Shark;1118012 wrote: Option 2 while subtle does add an extra dimension to the lines of the trim. It will be much more defined once painted.

Thanks. I will give it a try tomorrow and update. I have to measure and see if the rosettes will fit but a great idea

So I went a modified version of what you recommend and routed the trim and added the trim the way you mentioned.
99e9dc5cf52b9a9e0f4403f3e5fcdad3.jpg
alt="" />

Snarky Shark;1118044 wrote: Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Thanks. I am happy the way it is coming together. I need to add a horizontal piece of wood on the top.

Here is another update. All I have left for the stand is to make the doors. The new stand is so much nicer and way taller than the old one.
a50ad36053cd08373a97e54d3cbdd7dd.jpg
alt="" />
0eabf609fd786f26625c40635aac98e0.jpg
alt="" />
cf29c5a12a84f1a5003198be917e6539.jpg
alt="" />

Man, that looks really good. I see evidence of a little helper in one of the pictures. What type of doors? Will they match or accent doors?

Snarky Shark;1118156 wrote: Man, that looks really good. I see evidence of a little helper in one of the pictures. What type of doors? Will they match or accent doors?

She has been at my side helping the whole way through this undertaking from picking up wood to painting. She is the best little helper I have ever had. I plan to use 1x4 or 1x3 to make a frame for the doors and may route a profile on the doors that I used on the corners, top, etc. I do plan to add the small trim piece I was asking advice on the inside of the door. Then paint it white to match.

Back