Star polyps question

jamos5790

Supporting
Reaction score
I have some star polyps that jason gave me and they are doing great, seem to be growing good. They havnt mounted to anything yet, I just have them draped across a rock and the crabs move them alot and I have to move them back. Is there something I can do to achor them to the rock?

Lol well could you kinda help me with that cause I have tried to use it on 2 soft corals and both of them came unglued.

Small rubber band, fishing line, sewing thread. Just wrap it around the rock in a cross pattern and it will attach with time.

au01st;323702 wrote: Small rubber band, fishing line, sewing thread. Just wrap it around the rock in a cross pattern and it will attach with time.

That just as easy.

You can use super glue also. Best results are to take a piece of rubble dried off and take the star polyps and dry them off on a paper towel then glue and but back in the tank. If they are both dry they will adhere almost instantly.

savingnemo754;323704 wrote: That just as easy.

You can use super glue also. Best results are to take a piece of rubble dried off and take the star polyps and dry them off on a paper towel then glue and but back in the tank. If they are both dry they will adhere almost instantly.

I must not have dried mine well enough. I have just chased my xenia from the back corner of the tank AGAIN. Finally just rubberbanded it (though overnight one of the frags got out from under THAT).

Yes super glue gel works awsome. everything in my tank is super glued down. Just make sure it is a good gel with the main ingridient as the cyano or whatever its called. Dry off both pieces and when u stick it in the water hold it in place for 5-10 seconds and the outside layer of the glue with dry almost instantly. Works a lot better than that putty crap.

Superglue doesn't work so well with xenia. I usuall put it in a dish with rubble or course sand and let it attach to it and then use superglue to hold it in place. If you have crabs that will pull it out of the dish then cover it with netting or toule.

cr500_af;323712 wrote: I must not have dried mine well enough. I have just chased my xenia from the back corner of the tank AGAIN. Finally just rubberbanded it (though overnight one of the frags got out from under THAT).

My xenia is fine with superglue and is now spreading and attaching all over my rock work. I guess it depends on everyones personal experiences with it.

Well I bought some more gel gonna try....good thing is it is like a carpet. They are just like gap but not green.

I put superglue on each surface then glue them together.Works like a charm. Softies don't seem to like it though.

Back